Whenever I see a stylish gal, I always wonder: Where does she find her style inspiration? What beauty products does she splurge on? What important pieces does she think every woman should have in her closet? How does she get so gorgeously groomed? Well, instead of just wondering, I've decided to start asking--and I figured y'all might like to hear from these fabulously stylish ladies, too.
My first interview is with the lovely Stephanie of Big Mario Life. Stephanie is a talented photographer and a lawyer (in fact, we attended law school together!). She loves pumpkin spice lattes, stripes, bold lipstick and wine country. Welcome Stephanie!
How would you describe your personal style?
I'd like to think my style is a cross between Anthropologie and J. Crew but the reality is that it's much more casual than that. I'm really just a jeans-and-flats (or boots) girl, with an occasional dress thrown in to spice things up a bit. I prefer outfits that are simple and uncluttered with an accessory or two to add some interest.
Ankle boots and polka dot sweaters. Both are pretty simple items on their own but they can really add some oomph to an otherwise boring outfit. I'm also loving the deep oxblood denim I've seen a few places. They'd be a great replacement for the summer's hot pink skinny jeans!
All over. Friends, bloggers, vintage photos, celebrities, people on the street - anything can be a source of inspiration. And if I'm ever in doubt about an item or outfit, I ask myself one question. What would Kate Middleton do?
What five items should every woman have in her closet?
1. The LBD - The dress that's so versatile, you could wear it for any occasion and feel great.
2. A Well-Tailored Blazer - Even if you don't work in a formal job or office, every woman should have a well-tailored blazer. One that hits at that sweet spot on the hips. A blazer can do wonders for an outfit, especially when worn like a cardigan over anything from a t-shirt and jeans to a structured office dress.
3. Dark Rinse Jeans - Dark rinse jeans that fit well can instantly slim and elongate the body. Who wouldn't want that?
4. Something Fun - Every woman should have something fun in her closet. Something that makes her feel giddy with delight. Whether it's the item's color, pattern, cut, or fit doesn't matter as long as there's something about it that makes you smile.
5. Something Fabulous - This is like the grown-up version of Something Fun. This is the thing that you would wear while strutting to Beyonce's Diva. The thing that let's you show off your inner fierceness. It could be shoes, a bag, a dress. Whatever it is, it's the thing that makes you stand just a little bit taller every time you wear it, relishing in total self-confidence.
Thank you so much, Stephanie!