I have a house full of bookcases. I love to rearrange them, add new trinkets, move the books around, change up the backs. A bookcase can be a focal point in a room, typically a large piece of furniture so if you do it right, it can be a show stopper and add to your decor. Styling a bookcase can be hard if you don't know where to start so I'm going to break it down with a few little tips for you.
1. Your case can be all books or just a few, totally up to you.
2. Don't line everything up in a neat little line when it comes to decorative items, layer them in, tall item behind, shorter in front/off to the side.
3. You can't go wrong with groups of 3.
4. If you have a dinky item, put it on a stack of books, not just sitting on it's own.
5. The back of your case is showing, decorate it by painting it or covering it in fabric or paper.
6. If there's a top, decorate it, too.
This is the bookcase in my office,(sorry for such a shoddy picture) lots of books, fabric back, some "stuff".
And here are some fav's from pinterest.
Have you already mastered bookcase styling or was this a little bit helpful?