Happy New Year, everyone! I hope you all had excellent holidays. Now that the calendar has charged forward and it is January again (OMG), I thought I'd share a few things I'd like to do this year, style-wise.
- Wear more color. I wear SO MANY NEUTRALS. And I overuse black way too much. In 2012 I'd like to branch into wearing brighter colors. I'll probably start with accessories like scarves, but I'll be honest, I'd really love a big orange purse.
- Finally learn to do a smoky eye. Oh, you guys. I really have tried to do this, but it always looks about the same as if I had handed some dark eyeshadow to my three-year old. Yeah. My eye makeup technique needs some work. Where can I learn this? YouTube? Hit me up with your recommendations!
- Make an effort to wear jeans less often to work. Hmmmm. This one's gonna be a challenge. My casual workplace means that I wear jeans about 90% of the time. However, I think I'm hampering my style growth by relying on them so much. They've become less of a uniform and more of a crutch. Hello, my name is Rebecca and I am addicted to denim.
- Accessorize my home. We moved in 2011, and we are still trying to furnish the house and really make it feel like home. I'm confident in my ability to pick out nice furniture, but I'm not very good at accessorizing. I need to figure out good places to pick up nice things that won't break the bank.
- Get family photos done again at the end of the year. We did this in October 2011, and while it was a colossal effort to plan and schedule, I loved the results so much. We actually had a nice photo for our holiday cards, I had new pictures of the kids that I was able to frame and give away as gifts, and now I have a really nice family picture sitting on my mantel! This was an all-around win that was so very worth the time and money. Plus, you know, those kids just continue growing, so this is a nice way to freeze them. (If only!)
What about you - do you have any style resolutions this year? I'd sure love to hear them!