I don't know why I keep torturing myself by posting recipes of delicious alcoholic drinks when I'm 17 weeks away from even thinking about alcohol (who's counting?), but I just had to share this one with you all. I had an itty bitty sip of it at my nephew's baptism party so I can attest to the deliciousness. I cannot, however, attest to the potency so drink with caution!
Also, before I share the recipe, can I just say how much I love that this is a vodka punch? I'm not much of a rum drinker and that seems to be the alcohol of choice for most party punches. This is a nice change and perfect for a hot summer cookout, bridal or baby shower. Enjoy!
Berry Vodka Punch
- 3 bottles of berry Juicy Juice
- 1 1/2 bottles of berry vodka (Three Olives is a good choice)
- 2 bottles of lemon Italian soda, chilled
- 2 large bags of frozen mixed berries
- 4 small round freezable bowls
- 2 large pitchers
- 1 punch bowl
(Note: Do steps 1 and 2 the night before you plan on serving the punch)
- Divide the frozen berries between the 4 bowls. Pour the Juicy Juice over the berries, enough to cover them, then place the bowls in the freezer until ready to serve the punch. They will serve double duty as ice cubes and decorations for the punch.
- Mix the remaining Juicy Juice with the vodka evenly between both pitchers then refrigerate.
- A few hours serving the punch, place the pitchers in the freezer until the concoction is slushy.
- When you are ready to serve the punch, take the berry bowls out of the freezer and place under warm water until the "cubes" pop out. Place the berry cubes in your punch bowl.
- Pour the slushy vodka punch over the berry cubes then finish by adding the lemon soda. Cheers!
(Recipe Credit: My sister-in-law, Photo Credit: My own)